Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hobbit stuff  (Read 2023 times)

bigfatfloppyjolopy

• "BOOM Grandma!"
    • View Profile
Hobbit stuff
« on: July 18, 2014, 08:52:30 AM »

Picked up a PA I 20mph version. Put a promo circuit on it, a DR kit, MLM intake and  18 Mikuni carb. Upgraded the 1 pedal reed block to a 2 pedal and put in some .35 carbon reeds. It is doing about 35-40 with my big ass on it atm. The belt is pretty lose atm, saw a video where a guy was saying it needed to be lose to engage more on the front variator. Then I saw another 1 where the guy said the belt needs to be tight to make the back variator engage. I am gonna fool with this today till I can get the back variator variating. I also purchases a TJT variator ramp plate and was going to install and see how it works. Was other videos of people notching the original variator ramp so the weights can engage it further, was going to try this with the original weights if the tjt is not impressive. Anyone have any other performance mods/ideas for the hobbits that I can do to them? Thanks
"One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, Nick Nack, Patty Wack, Give A Dog A Bone."

Moped Whisperer

• The Ruffians
  • Just A Little Closer...
    • View Profile
    • I Shoot Rappers
Re: Hobbit stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 08:57:08 AM »

You need the tjt variator as well. Are you running a pa50II variator plate? You should be in the upper 40's with that setup.
78 Puch Magnum XK
78 Honda PA50
77 Puch Maxi - Accident Leftover

bigfatfloppyjolopy

• "BOOM Grandma!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 09:13:21 AM »

PA I. Couldn't find anyone with a PA II to swap out. I hear the gearing is a little less but gotta work with what I got atm.
"One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, Nick Nack, Patty Wack, Give A Dog A Bone."

bigfatfloppyjolopy

• "BOOM Grandma!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 09:39:03 AM »

Just tightened up the belt and got the back variator variating now and have more torque and some more speed. Gonna try and notch 3 windows in it without throwing it off balance and get some more top speed out of it.

Moped Whisperer

• The Ruffians
  • Just A Little Closer...
    • View Profile
    • I Shoot Rappers
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 10:26:26 AM »

The pa50I plate is way less angled than the II. You need to cut and bend it or just go with the tjt.
78 Puch Magnum XK
78 Honda PA50
77 Puch Maxi - Accident Leftover

bigfatfloppyjolopy

• "BOOM Grandma!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 11:52:08 AM »

yea I notched it and got a few more mph but toppn out low 40s with my fat ass on it. Guess it will have to do till I can get rest of the TJT setup or a PAII

beke

• Mid-Mo Peds
  • maxi-miser
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 12:42:46 PM »

The tjt is cool, but i almost wish i had just a notched vario....almost

were living on dog food. SO WHAT!!!!

thokaar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 01:05:16 PM »

just throw a v1 on that bitch!

beke

• Mid-Mo Peds
  • maxi-miser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 02:02:52 PM »

shyt

bigfatfloppyjolopy

• "BOOM Grandma!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 02:21:43 PM »

heard a weird noise so I dropped the DR kit and had some light scratches on my piston and walls. Do I possibly need to notch some of my skirt out off the jug where they have that weird shit on the PA I case to prevent a PA II jug from going on it? Cuz it is on its way to sieze. Maybe it is just my rings grabbing a port? I filed the hell out of them ports... Ill go finger um and see what I find.

beke

• Mid-Mo Peds
  • maxi-miser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 07:14:09 PM »

If it's new you should def clean it up if it's new, sharp edges on the ports. Gap rings.

bigfatfloppyjolopy

• "BOOM Grandma!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 10:30:25 PM »

ring gap thing I still need to learn. But them ports be round on all 4 sides that you can easly spot with your eye now

bigfatfloppyjolopy

• "BOOM Grandma!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 08:49:27 PM »

Got some fattier windows now that increased that ramp length to about max, dented in my ramp plate in some to help push rollers. that got the last half inch of belt space on the variator taken up by belt now and the PA I  is ripping at almost 45+ up hills. Cant wait to get a PA II or a hobbit to mess with next. Or maybe just some variator parts.

bigfatfloppyjolopy

• "BOOM Grandma!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 01:34:18 PM »

Condenser went out, got bored waiting on the new 1. took some weight off the rollers from 8.6 grams to 6.3 each and ported them windows even more, not even much of a window anymore, just have a sliver of it left to catch the roller weights. Ordered a stiffer spring for the back variator and a new belt for it since the 1 I had seemed old and worn. Hopefully these upgrade get it revn higher before it engages and it starts popn wheelies!

beke

• Mid-Mo Peds
  • maxi-miser
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 05:56:41 PM »

Molossi clutch springs
Pages: [1] 2