Author Topic: title help  (Read 633 times)

jsouth18

• View Profile
title help
« on: September 25, 2015, 08:43:57 PM »

HEEYYYYY guys, so I really want to title my express. I completely don't know where to start or if I can even get this done. I don't have a bill of sale of title for the frame so that's where I'm at.
If it ain't smokin it's broken!!

thokaar

• View Profile
Re: title help
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 12:09:43 AM »

i think it might be vermont that people get new titles and plates from... check mopedarmy.com  ive seen several threads over the years with the process listed.

JCalton

• Mid-Mo Peds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 12:45:46 AM »

I've done it twice.

1) Get someone to give you a bill of sale and get it notarized when they sign it in front of the notary
[I'll do it if no one else will, but I can't notarize and I don't have a local bank]
2) Get this:
http://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/pdf/DMV-VD119-Vehicle_Reg_Tax_Title_App.pdf

1A: New
1B: Motorcycle
2: Do all of this
3A, 3B: Skip
3C: do this
3D: skip
4A: do this
Where it says VT Driver License No, put your Missouri Driver License Number. This is very important.
Personally, I put mine and then put [MO] after it.
4B: skip
5A: skip
5B: Name/address of your notarized bill of sale
6A: Put purchase price that is reasonable and then also put the tax of 6% at the bottom
DO NOT PUT $1 or whatever. They will charge you the fair market value lowest price and send the application back if you put a number that is too low.*
If possible use Blue Book or something "official" because that's what they use, and they will charge you
6B: Blank
7: Blank
8: Sign and date
9: Go to their website and figure out the fees.
Again, if you fuck this up, they'll send it back to you, hopefully with the correct numbers. So don't sweat it.

* Which is okay if you're not in a hurry, then you'll know the minimum to put. But at 6% for a moped the price is so low it doesn't really save you a lot.

jsouth18

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 09:32:11 AM »

Sikkkk! I will get on top of this asap! Thanks for all the info guys!!
If it ain't smokin it's broken!!