Author Topic: Honda Pedal Chain Tensioner  (Read 893 times)

Great Gazoo

• I.R.E.
    • View Profile
Honda Pedal Chain Tensioner
« on: August 29, 2011, 12:08:44 pm »
During the CoMo rally I saw a couple of examples of Hobbits that were using different pedal chain tensioners. I'm pretty sure one of them was from a Puch but I saw another that was shorter. Anyone have any experience with this? Which is the best one to use? Any pitfalls to avoid when making this Mod? Thanks
"The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgement of his peers, is in the highest degree odious and is the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist."
- Winston Churchill

ButtleRocket

• View Profile
Re: Honda Pedal Chain Tensioner
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 08:15:13 am »
I don't know about any of that but mine was messing around on me but that was happening because my chain was too long.  I took 3 links out and put in a master link (was not present) and now it's cherry as hell. 

Now it's the right size and no tensioner problems.  Got mine's timing right and it's going now.

Way slow so mods are necessary for that, but that's a beast from cucamonga.  And I haven't been there yet.

Optik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 08:24:44 am »
Chris, are you coming up from Rolla to the KC Rally next weekend? Should be fun...

ButtleRocket

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 09:45:25 am »
Nah,  I was invited to HullabalU by a friend.  He's invited me several times to it and I've not been able to go.  And while I do have a running moped at the moment, it's super slow and needs some additional things to be at it's peak.  Then once it's normal for what it is, I'll kit it and get the pipe, reeds, and jet figured out.

So I do believe I'll be going to HullabalU.  It's a midwest burners (burning man contingent) festival in Boonville, outside of Columbia.  $10 ain't shit + $15 in gas, versus a lot more expensive to go out that way.  All are welcome.  I could put y'alls name on my guest list if anyone's interested in coming out.  Y'all got the rally though, so I doubt it.

Have fun!

Optik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 10:09:15 am »
Hullabalu sounds fun, but am def. doing the Rally in KC. Thanks for the guest list offer. Are you DJ'ing at this?

ButtleRocket

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 10:17:48 am »
Nah, no DJing but I'll be bringing my guitar and my friend'll bring her hand drum.  So our campsite'll have some jams and tunes happening. 
It's not really a music festival, I don't think.  I'll let you know how it goes.

At the rally see if you can't pick up an air filter element holder for a hobbit.  I understand it's a plastic thing that goes around the air filter.  I need one of them.

Respect