Author Topic: Yet another Moby for sale  (Read 1120 times)

sidecovers

• Mid-Mo Peds
  • my other bong is a moped
    • View Profile
Yet another Moby for sale
« on: May 13, 2013, 04:28:21 pm »
Howdy Ya'll. I'm looking to get rid of a Moby 50v/LeMoped hybrid that I've had for a couple of years. I bought the bike(s) from Shaner and pieced them together with the help of Phil Norath. It's a runner, but not my most favorite ride or one that I have time to fuss with.

The engine was ported by Phil and you know that cat did a good job. It blows for low end, but once it gets up there it's decent. It does hate hills and will need some fine tuning.

The frame comes from a cherry red 50'v, complete with cherry red side covers and toolbox covers. There are Gold mags on there with fresh tires and tubes, couldn't be more than 50 miles on em.

The engine did come from the LeMoped and has the four rollerweight variator. The starter clutch has been swiss cheesed my Sam N. to make it lighter. Works great. Two roller weights have been removed from the variator, but I've saved the other balls and have lots of extra parts including another engine that needs work...Comes with the classic dellorto 14.12 and intake for it.

All new break cables and such.

The front forks come from a hobbit and the front tire is not perfectly centered in it. It rides a lil squirrely and may be something getting used to. It's got the long LeMoped seat as well.

I dunno, I put a shit ton of time into this thing and rather not deal with it anymore. NOT expecting what I put into it monitarily. I will post pics soon. Wanted to put it out there and see who is interested.

I'm thinking 350 for the whole thing. It will need a little bit of love from someone, but could definitely be a badass runner if you put some time into it.

PM and we can figure it out. Also, I live in Columbia. Hope the moped world is treating ya'll right.

Taylor
1980 Derbi Laguna Sport
1979/1981 Motobecane 50v/LeMoped

Ryan N.

• View Profile
Re: Yet another Moby for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 07:11:19 pm »
I sent you a text

Moped Whisperer

• The Ruffians
  • Just A Little Closer...
    • View Profile
    • I Shoot Rappers
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 09:15:20 am »
You could sell me your Derbi and make the lemoped your top moped. I know that is really big of me to offer that and thanks are certainly necessary.
78 Puch Magnum XK
78 Honda PA50
77 Puch Maxi - Accident Leftover

sidecovers

• Mid-Mo Peds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 09:47:45 am »
The Laguna is all I have got in this world. I'm getting a custom built coffin to make room for it when I'm dead and buried. But yeah, Boner, that is big of you. Xo
1980 Derbi Laguna Sport

Ryan N.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 10:28:29 am »
Taylor and his Laguna are married and will die together.  Asking him to buy it is akin to asking your best friend if you can sleep with his wife.

Moped Whisperer

• The Ruffians
  • Just A Little Closer...
    • View Profile
    • I Shoot Rappers
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 10:38:14 am »
My best friend would totally let me sleep with his wife.
78 Puch Magnum XK
78 Honda PA50
77 Puch Maxi - Accident Leftover

Harrison Fraud

• er?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 09:54:11 pm »
sent ya a message via fb.

sidecovers

• Mid-Mo Peds
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 02:21:33 pm »
Stilll for sale. Anyone outside of MidMO want pics? I got a dumpy old phone that's more like a hockey puck then one of them new fangled smarty pants phones the youth are all about. Holler and I'll put em up!
1980 Derbi Laguna Sport

ngreenup

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 02:55:52 pm »
I would like to see pictures please!